This week at Society we started our new series called Unlikely Witnesses.
Getting to Know You:
- If you could choose only one place to go on vacation for the rest of your life, where would it be and why?
- Read Through Luke 3:3-14 together
- Are you familiar with John the Baptist?
- What do you know about him? Share insights with each other.
- What does the term repentance mean to you?
- What was the definition given during the message? (HINT – a change of mind)
- Review the Repent & Believe circle (It is meant to start at the 12/noon position and move clockwise around the circle):
- What does “The kingdom breaking in” mean to you?
- Have you ever had a moment where you sensed God speaking to you about your life? Share with the group.
- Have you ever thought God was saying something but misunderstood what it meant?
- How might it be helpful to share what God is putting on your heart with others?
- What might it look like to develop a plan of action around something God is talking to you about? Give an example if you have one.
- How might it be helpful to have accountability (other people checking in to see how your “action plan” is going)?
- What does it mean that repentance is a lifelong process?
A Palate for Humble Pie
- What do you think is meant by Humble Pie?
- Read Matthew 23:12 together.
- Describe a moment where you got served humble pie. What was your initial response?
- Describe a time where you had to confront someone and serve them some humble pie. How did it go? What did you learn from that experience?
God Inspired Repentance
- What does John The Baptist direct the different groups of people to do? (Luke 3:10-14)
- What is an area of life, work and/or relationships that God has been talking to you about?
- Where are you at in the Repent & Believe Circle with that?
- Read Matthew 7:1-5.
- What are the dangers of judging others?
- When has been an instance where you needed to confront someone’s wrong actions? How did it go? What did you learn from that experience?
- Read Acts 2:37-38
- What is familiar to this verse and the Luke 3 scripture we read?
- Have you been water baptized yet?
- Are you interested or have some questions about that next step?
- There is more information and a sign up form at societychurch.com/baptism
- The next Baptism is May 5th after the 10:30am service.
- You can also email Pastor Tim at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to meet.
- Share prayer requests and have the group (not just you, the leader) pray for one another. Have someone designated to open and close a time of prayer and leave space in the middle for others to pray for one anothers requests.