(Not a part of a group yet? Sign up for community groups CLICK HERE)
Community Group Leaders Guide
Section 1 – Ice Breaker:
Ask a fun or interesting question to help people to loosen up and share. It will be helpful if someone is new to go around and do names and have each person share about a question and share a bit about themselves.
Section 2 – Review Message Content from Sunday
This portion is for your reference, no need to go through as a group, unless its necessary. The hope is that people are coming on Sunday and/or listening to the podcast before they come to group. If you need to do a review feel free to do so, otherwise start with section 3 and work through the Learning Circle together.
Message Title: Identity, An Introduction
Identity in its basic function is-
- A durable sense of self & worth or value.
- A stable self understanding & self regard.
Main Passages from the message:
Main Points from the Message:
- Positional Sanctification- We are able to have relationship with God through an inherited righteousness (right standing) we have through faith in Christ. Justification
- Progressive Sanctification- A lifelong journey towards becoming more loving humans as we journey in the way of Jesus.
Questions to consider from the message on Sunday (May be helpful this week)
- Am I Living From the Shadows or Living towards the light of Christ?
- Am I taking time to personally assess and ask myself where am I living from right now?
- Am I being led and directed by the spirit to live in the “light of life” found in Christ?
- If your answer to these following questions are yes, chances are you are living into your shadow self in some areas of your life:
- Am I being led by my ambition and the underlying need to feel important?
- Am I being led by my appetite and my need to feel pleasure amidst pain, although my soul might be dying?
- Am I being led by my need for acceptance from others?
- Do I know when I am living from my shadow?
Section 3 – Work Through the Learning Circle:
Take time to work through the Learning Circle together through the questions listed below.
Link to Learning Circle Image: CLICK HERE
Work through the learning side of the learning circle together.
- (Observation & Discussion) Read the main story and/or passage from the message (links referenced above)
- (Observation & Discussion) What where the main points talked about on Sunday?
- (Reflection & Discussion) What stuck out to you as meaningful and important from the message on Sunday?
- (Reflection & Discussion) How might this be God speaking to your life?
Work through the living side of the learning circle together
- Planning- What is God asking of us? How might we take a next step towards God?
- Responsibility- What is my part in living this out?
- Action Step- What am I going to do next? What is the next step for you, be as specific as possible.
Section 4 – Prayer and/or Meditation:
Try one of these options, don’t be afraid to mix it up.
- Share requests and pray for one another.
- Inner, Other & Outer life prayer needs
- Meditation with silence and stillness- A word or phrase to focus your group. A time of silence and stillness, set a timer for 5 minutes if you want.