Every year here at Society Church we take some time in February to talk about our vision for the year. Last year our vision was all about “digging deep roots” this year it’s about becoming a base camp for our community & city. Pastor Tim & Vanessa Coburn will be sharing this vision in a teaching series entitled Base Camp: becoming a people equipped, empowered and inspired to live out our faith in our everyday lives. Come and join us on February 12th & 19th.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What was the longest trip you’ve ever taken? How far was it? How long did it take?
- If you were to try to sum up the story of the Bible in as few words as possible, what would that be?
- Skim Genesis 1-2 and read Revelation 21:1-5.
- What seems to be the overall story arc of the Bible based off of the beginning and end?
- How would you describe the relationship God has with the people of Israel based on what you know of the story in the Bible?
- How does the account given at the beginning of the Bible and the vision at the end of the Bible affect how you see the world around you?
- Read John 1:14 and 1 Corinthians 3:16.
- What does it mean to you, that God would enter into human life and dwell among his people?
- On a scale of 1-10 (1 being far, 10 being close) how close / far from God do you feel?
- What are the practices in your life that help you feel closer to God?
Share prayer requests and pray together as a group.