This week at Society, we are continuing a new series called The Path Between Us where we will explore how we can bridge the seemingly, ever widening gap between us. Politics, gender, struggles for equality, justice and opportunity, theology, doctrine, faith and family seem to be driving us apart. In this series we want to look at how we can come together around a common unity and pursuit as peacemakers and co-laborers seeking to bridge gaps and traverse the paths that stand between us.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What trivia category would you choose to have the best chance of getting the question right?
- Read Luke 24:13-24.
- How do you think these two followers of Jesus were feeling at this point of the story?
- Read Luke 24:25-35.
- How do you think these two followers of Jesus felt he called them foolish and later revealed who he was?
- What has been your experience in conversations that have been polarizing? Conversations that have moved towards peace making?
- Have there been moments in your life where you became aware you might have been missing the point of what was going on?
- In the message Tim shared this chart:
Where do you think you are right now on this chart?
- What might you do that could help you move towards the Kingdom of God region of the chart?
Share prayer requests and pray together as a group.