Here at Society we’re starting all-new teaching series, “Square One” where we will be exploring how to grow in our faith and take greater ownership of our spiritual formation. Every Sunday from Jan 7th- Feb 4th we will be discussing various ways to grow in and own our faith journeys.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
If you were an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in?
- Read John 17:20-21.
- The gospel of John records one of Jesus’ prayers. Jesus knew he was preparing to leave his disciples when he prayed the words of John 17. What did Jesus pray for his disciples?
- Why is it important to be one with God?
- What does Jesus pray will be the outcome of our unity with God?
- In the sermon Tim said that our inner life informs and directs our our surrounding life. How has something you have worked through internally through prayer with God changed something for the better in your life or in the life of someone else?
- As you engage in prayer are there any topics or themes that continue to come up? What is your ongoing conversation with God?
- What are some ways you hope to see God at work in your life, in the life of the church, or in Sacramento?
What prayer “movement” do you most connect with?
- Habit based prayer (set times, days and seasons of prayer)
- Anxiety & need based prayer (prayer when feeling anxious or need to take your request to God)
- Spirit led prayer (prayer when a person or situation enters your mind)
- Every occasion prayer (lifestyle of constant prayer)