Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Soul Care is a new series starting September 18th at Society Church. In this series we will be looking at learning to live from the inside out.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
What was your new year resolution or goal this year? Have you accomplished it yet? Why do you think it is so hard to do the good we want to do?
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Romans 7:18-25
- What does Paul (the writer of Romans) say about why he can’t do the good he wants to do?
- Read 1 Peter 2:11 (NLT)
- What do you think of this biblical perspective on the battle within? Do you agree with it? If not, how do you explain the internal battle of doing good?
- Read Galatians 5:13-25
- What is the purpose of our “freedom in Christ”?
- What do you think it might look like to live according to the spirit? What kind of attributes does God produce in us?
- Read Colossians 3:5 (NIV)
- What might you need to “put to death”? What needs to go on your To Don’t List?
- What might need to be brought to life? What practices & intentions need to go on your To Do List?
Share Prayer Requests and pray together as a group