Soul Care is a new series starting September 18th at Society Church. In this series we will be looking at learning to live from the inside out.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
Are you a morning person or a night person?
What is your favorite candy?
If you where to rate your prayer life on a scale of 1-10. Where would you say you are at currently?
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Ephesians 6:18-20
- What role do you think prayer has in shaping the state of our internal life?
- Read Philippians 4:6 (NIV)
- Do you think prayer could really help us with our anxious thoughts? If so, why do you think it helps?
- Have you ever had prayers go unanswered? How do you reconcile that with your faith?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17-19 (NIV)
- What do you think it means to “pray continually”?
- Does learning to pray continually mean that we need to become spiritual hermits that are bound to secret places of prayer?
- How would you describe a life saturated in prayer to a friend?
- Read 1 Timothy 4:6-9 (NIV)
- What does it mean to “train yourself to be godly”?
- What are the benefits of training ourselves to be godly?
- What are some prayer practices that have helped you to engage in a prayer filled life?
- What is an area of your life that needs to be more saturated with prayer?
Share Prayer Requests and pray together as a group