Soul Care is a new series starting September 18th at Society Church. In this series we will be looking at learning to live from the inside out.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What time did you get up this morning?
What foods do you dislike?
What is a goal you have for yourself this year?
As you reflect on last weekend’s sermon, what one principle or insight stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful, or difficult to grasp?
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Ephesians 6:13-17a
- What do you picture when you think about a “shield of faith”?
- What do you think the “fiery arrows of the devil” are?
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- How might the “helmet of salvation” help us to do what is described in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5?
- What might the “shield of faith” protect you from?
- What could keep you or someone else from ever picking up the “shield of faith”?
- How has faith helped you in moments of temptation or trial?
- Read Romans 12:1-2
- What are some ways God’s truth has transformed your thinking?
- Is “salvation” meant to be something we experience now and in the afterlife or just in the afterlife?
- What are some thoughts represented in the scripture that are difficult for you to accept?
- What are some spiritual practices that help you tend to your thought life?
Pray together as a group