Soul Care is a new series starting September 18th at Society Church. In this series we will be looking at learning to live from the inside out.
Community Group Questions:
Did you grow up with family traditions? As an adult, which ones do you think you will keep? Any that you think should be tossed? Any that you think are super odd in hindsight?
Getting to know you:
When you are lost, which of the following are you most likely to do?
- stop and ask for directions
- check a map
- drive around until you find the place you’re looking for
- not admit to anyone that you’re lost
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Mark 7:1-23
- What point do you think Jesus is making to the religious community of his time?
- How might this story relate to Proverbs 4:20-23?
- As you reflect on last weekend’s sermon, what one principle or insight stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful, or difficult to grasp?
- How would you define what your soul is to someone?
- Why didn’t Jesus like the way that the Pharisees were using their rules and traditions in Mark 7?
- What are some rules or traditions you keep?
- Have you ever found yourself with a wounded soul, or broken heart? What happened and how did you find health and healing?
- What are some practical ways to care for your heart & soul?
Pray together as a group