Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This series “Present, Past, Future” is all about learning to be present, celebrate the past and hope for the future. This message is all about our 2015 vision. We hope you enjoy.
2015 Vision: Connectedness
Most would say Pentecost and the infilling of the Holy Spirit, which I don’t disagree with but I think that is only a part of it. The other part I believe is connectedness. The infilling was the effect of God in community. But the catalyst or cause was a community connected to one another in Christ. The cause was a people deeply connected with one another having God at the center of there relationships.
Read with me before and after Pentecost:
BEFORE: Acts 1:14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. 15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)
AFTER: Acts 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Objective #1- Cultivating Greater Church Connectedness
We recognize that one of the greatest indicators of a healthy church is a connected church. People in community, sharing life together. It is one of the main catalysts for reaching our city. Because healthy churches grow.
- Spring Community Groups (Feb-May)- Be sure to sign up, this is a big deal for us at Society Church. It is a big deal for us when people take a bigger step into community.
- Summer Meet Ups (June, July, August)- Having fun, connecting with local events, going to the park, getting outside, going on bike rides, hitting up the zoo.
- Tribes Groups 3-5 people (To start in June)- Intentionally small, committed, and accountable groups.
- Fall Community Groups (Sept-Dec)
Objective #2- Cultivating Meaningful Community Connectedness
- Our greatest outreach to our community is providing a quality Sunday Worship Gathering where people can come as they are, and connect through authentic relationships. We plan to continue investing in our Sunday Worship Gatherings (We will carry on our 9 & 10:30am Gathering Times)
- We are planning on and hoping to sign another 1 year lease with Beatnik Studios (Continued partnership)
- We are actively looking into creating more space for our kids at our 10:30am Worship Gathering. Verge Center for the Arts (1st-5th) You will be receiving a survey form with more information in an effort to hear your thoughts about this possibility.
- Service Opportunities- This Spring we hope to form some deeper partnerships by helping to create some greater community amidst the Sacramento Creatives downtown. We want to put on some local events in partnership with local businesses and organizations. We want to continue with and build up our Glocal (Global & Local) Non-profits & Missions work in Sacramento and beyond.
- We are also looking into what it would take to build a team and Launch a Sunday evening service in Midtown.
Objective #3- Cultivating More Connected Leadership
- Adding Staff as able in 2015 (Community Group Organization & Oversight, Sunday Serve Team Organization & Oversight, Administrative Support)
- Starting up our 2nd Round of our Leadership Collective to start in June and go through December.
- Adding and placing people as Board Members, Elders & Deacons at the beginning of 2016.
- Working to craft and create a 10-15 year strategic plan with Board, Staff & Society Leadership. Plan would include hopes for our Worship Gatherings, Community Groups, Community Connections, Cultivating Leadership, Budgeting & Buildings.