Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Kingdomtide: Week 8
In this teaching series, Kingdomtide, we examine how to embody the Holy Spirit in our lives to bring about His Kingdom here on Earth as it is in Heaven. This week our friend, Rena Crocker, from the Greenhouse joins us and shares a timely message!
Have a watch or a listen!
Community Group Discussion Guide:
STEP 1- Ice Breaker
Help people to loosen up and share. It will be helpful if someone is new to go around and do names and have each person share about a question and share a bit about themselves. CLICK HERE for ice breaker questions ideas.
(Group Leader Note: Use the Learning/Living Circle to guide your discussion and application of the content. Try your best to keep the “learning” and “living” focus balanced. You use this model moving clockwise around the circle. The goal is working towards practical and personal life application.)
Step 2- Take time for observation, reflection & learning
(Group Leader Note: These are set questions meant to spur conversation. It may be helpful to watch the message together if people did not have a chance to listen on their own time.)
Read this scripture together: Nehemiah 1:1-7 and Nehemiah 1:11
- What stuck out to you as meaningful, confusing, impact and/or important?
- What do you sense the Spirit of God speaking to you about through this?
STEP 3- Take time to process
- Is anyone willing to share some thoughts, questions or curiosities about what you sense God speaking to you about?
- How might you explore these thoughts, questions or curiosities more?
STEP 4- Work towards application
- What area of life is God working in through this? Inner, Outer and/or Others life? (Inner, Outer & Other Life Map)
- What might be a practical application or action step to take this next week?
- Rhythm of Life Guide
STEP 5- Prayer And/Or Meditation
Please don’t skip prayer!! Cut the discussion short if needed to pray for one another 🙂 Try one of these options, don’t be afraid to mix it up.
- Have people split into groups of 2-3 to share prayer needs and pray for each other.
- Share requests as a group and pray for one another. Assign requests to people that are comfortable with praying and go around the circle praying for each others needs.
- Help your group develop a vocabulary of prayer. Pray a wrote prayer together. Prayerfully read a Psalm or something from the Book of Common Prayer .
- Meditation with silence and stillness- A word or phrase to focus your group. A time of silence and stillness, set a timer for 5 minutes if you want. Close the time with a prayer for your group.
- Develop someone in your group as the Prayer Coordinator. Have them write down prayer needs, ask them to pray for those needs during the week, have them send a list to the group to keep in prayer, go through the list regularly to celebrate answered prayers and check off or add on prayers.