Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week is Week 6 in our teaching series Identity, where together we are discovering a profoundly durable sense of self and worth in God.
(Not a part of a group yet? Sign up for community groups CLICK HERE)
Community Group Leaders Guide
Section 1 – Ice Breaker:
Ask a fun or interesting question to help people to loosen up and share. It will be helpful if someone is new to go around and do names and have each person share about a question and share a bit about themselves. Stuck?? Here is a link with some ice breakers for you- CLICK HERE
Section 2 – Review Message Content from Sunday
This portion is for your reference, no need to go through as a group, unless its necessary. The hope is that people are coming on Sunday and/or listening to the podcast before they come to group. If you need to do a review feel free to do so, otherwise start with section 3 and work through the Learning Circle together.
Message Title: Identity – Week 6
Identity in its basic function is –
- A durable sense of self & worth or value.
- A stable self understanding & self regard.
Main Points & Application Ideas from the Message:
Don’t be deceived by how you are perceived by your name, by your looks, by your identity
- God does not look at the outside appearance
- God looks at the heart
Never get concerned about perceptions, when God is concerned about your position
- God is ready to change your identity
- Where is our position going to be in times of struggle?
Section 3 – Work Through the Learning Circle:
Take time to work through the Learning Circle together through the questions listed below.
Link to Learning Circle Image: CLICK HERE
Work through the learning side of the learning circle together.
- (Observation & Discussion) Read the main story and/or passage from the message (links referenced above)
- (Observation & Discussion) What where the main points talked about on Sunday?
- (Reflection & Discussion) What stuck out to you as meaningful and important from the message on Sunday?
- (Reflection & Discussion) How might this be God speaking to your life?
Work through the living side of the learning circle together
- Planning- What is God asking of us? How might we take a next step towards God?
- Responsibility- What is my part in living this out?
- Action Step- What am I going to do next? What is the next step for you, be as specific as possible.
Section 4 – Prayer and/or Meditation:
Try one of these options, don’t be afraid to mix it up.
- Share requests and pray for one another.
- Inner, Other & Outer life prayer needs
- Meditation with silence and stillness- A word or phrase to focus your group. A time of silence and stillness, set a timer for 5 minutes if you want.