In November 2016 we will be going through a teaching series called “Good Faith” here at Society Church. This series will take us through the book of Titus and help us discover how our faith is meant to be a creative force for good in our world.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What hobby or activity have you done or been a part of for the longest period of time? What made you stick with it as long as you did?
As you reflect on last weekend’s sermon, what one principle or insight stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful, or difficult to grasp?
Introduction to the Bible:
1. Read Titus 2:1-10
2. What characteristics are similar for the different age groups? What characteristics are different?
3. Read Titus 2:11-14
4. Why might Paul have followed the topic in verses 1-10 with what he talks about in 11-14?
1. What does it mean to you to be self-controlled?
2. What areas of your life are you good at being self-controlled in? What areas could improve?
3. Is there anyone in your life that helps keep you accountable in those areas?
4. How would you define faith? Belief?
5. Read James 2:14-26
6. Does reading the passage in James change how you view and define what faith is?
7. What are some ways in which you are able to put your faith into practice?
8. Are there any parts of your faith that you want to become better at putting into practice?
Pray together as a group