In November 2016 we will be going through a teaching series called “Good Faith” here at Society Church. This series will take us through the book of Titus and help us discover how our faith is meant to be a creative force for good in our world.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What was/is your favorite subject in school?
What would be your perfect job?
Who is someone that inspires you in how they live out their faith? What is it about who they are and what they do that inspires you?
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Titus 1:4-9 (NIV)
- Why do think it is helpful to know the qualifications for being an Elder in the church?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:20-22 (NIV)
- What do you think it means in v21 to “keep yourself pure”?
- How might keeping ourselves pure be connected to being ready to be used by God for every good work?
- Read Titus 1:10-14 (NIV)
- What are the type of people that Paul tells Titus to “silence”?
- Have you ever gotten caught up with controlling or manipulative teaching or people in the church?
- If so what was that like? How did you identify the unhealthy environment and/or teaching?
- How does Paul describe the Cultural setting in Crete? (v12)
- How would you describe the cultural setting that you are surrounded by?
- What might be some cultural pitfalls you could fall into?
- Read Titus 1:15-16 (NIV)
- What does it mean the “to the pure, all things are pure.”?
- How can we cultivate pure hearts?
Share Prayer Requests and pray together as a group