This week at Society, we are starting a new series called All Things New where we will go through the Gospel of Mark and look at the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and what that means for our lives.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What was the last book you finished reading?
- Read Mark 4:1-9.
- What are the different types of soil that the seeds end up on?
- Read Mark 4:10-20.
- Why do you think Jesus only explained his parable to those who were close to him?
- If you were going to compare yourself with one of the types of soil which would you be right now?
- Tim spoke about 3 ways to plow hard ground (forgiveness, applying what you know, staying planted), which, if any, do you struggle the most with?
- Tim also talked about removing rocks (shallow faith, underlying issues, uncommitted excitement) and pulling weeds (worry, pursuit of wealth, pursuit of pleasure). Are any of those something that you are currently trying to work on? or one of them that you’d like to work on?
Share prayer requests and pray together as a group.