Podcast: Play in new window | Download
As we kick off the New Year here at Society Church, we are seeking to re-align our hearts around the principles, priorities, pursuits and purposes of God. In this new teaching series, “First Things First”, we will be looking at some practical ways for how we can put God first in our lives and the benefits we experience as we do this. It has been said that “the quickest cure for our disorders is a healthy dose of intentional order”.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
Describe a real-life situation where you stood up for someone or something.
Read Matthew 25:31-46 (NLT). Take a moment to discuss any questions your gorup might have about this passage of scripture.
- Why do you think Jesus chooses to end this sermon (Olivet Discourse- Matthew 24 & 25) with this story?
- Why do you think Jesus is tying together how we treat vulnerable people with how we treat him?
- What are some ways you have experienced God amidst moments of serving others, particularly those in need?
- Have you ever seen unhealthy or ineffective forms of helping people in need? What did that look like?
- How do you think our faith and good deeds are connected? Read James 2:14-20 and discuss.
- How can you lean into loving Jesus more through serving others, especially those that cannot repay you?
- What are some ways you or your community group might help a vulnerable population in our city or world this year?
Share Prayer Requests and pray together as a group