As we kick off the New Year here at Society Church, we are seeking to re-align our hearts around the principles, priorities, pursuits and purposes of God. In this new teaching series, “First Things First”, we will be looking at some practical ways for how we can put God first in our lives and the benefits we experience as we do this. It has been said that “the quickest cure for our disorders is a healthy dose of intentional order”.
Community Group Questions:
Getting to know you:
What is your favorite style of music?
Do you have a favorite artist currently? If so share with the group.
Have you ever wondered what is the point of church? If so, how did you settle that question in your heart?
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Psalm 84:5-7 (NLT)
- How does this Psalm describe the worship experience?
- What helps you to connect to communal times to sing and worship together?
- Read 1 Peter 4:10
- How do you think the arts and music are meant to be used within a faith community?
- Do you view the Sunday Service as an opportunity to worship God in a variety of ways?
- How would you describe or define what worship is?
- Read Romans 12:1-2
- What does it mean to be “a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God”?
- How do you think a worship service is connected to living a life of worship?
Share Prayer Requests and pray together as a group