As we kick off the New Year here at Society Church, we are seeking to re-align our hearts around the principles, priorities, pursuits and purposes of God. In this new teaching series, “First Things First”, we will be looking at some practical ways for how we can put God first in our lives and the benefits we experience as we do this. It has been said that “the quickest cure for our disorders is a healthy dose of intentional order”.
Community Group Questions
Getting to know you:
Do you like to set New Years Resolutions / Goals?
If so, share one. If not, share a hope you have for 2017.
How do you navigate hard decisions? How do your values & priorities help to direct those decisions?
Introduction to the Bible:
- Read Matthew 6:33-34 (NIV)
- What do you think it means to seek first God’s kingdom & righteousness?
- Read Matthew 7:23-27 (NIV)
- How can we build our life on a firm foundation?
- What are some “Jesus Principles” you have learned and are seeking to live into?
- Take a moment and write down your top 3 value and prioritize them from 1-3.
- Share your number 1 value with the group.
- Read Mark 12:30-31 (NIV)
- What does Jesus say the “first thing” of his kingdom is?
- What are some ways you can express love to God?
- Do you have a regular quite time (scripture reading and prayer) with God? How would you rate it from 1-10? (1 being non-existent, 10 being everyday)
- What is your plan for reading scripture in 2017? Use one of the resources at societychurch.com/bible if needed.